Our first meeting of the new year is January 17th, starting with a 6:30 pm potluck at First UCC, 1500 Tiffin Rd., Fremont.
The new year gives us a nudge to reflect on our personal lives. We can bring the same introspection to our community life in People for Peace & Justice. Let’s spend a little time at this meeting on the following questions:
- What draws you most to belong to this peace and justice community? (The food, right?)
- What has PPJ accomplished that makes you proud or happy to participate?
- How would you describe the particular identity or purpose of this group?
- Why did you start coming to meetings? And is that still true or is it now something else?
- What are your hopes for the group?
- What changes would you like to see?
- What are we called to do or be in 2018?
We will also reserve a little time to hear a report-back from Josie Setzler and Sr. Paulette Schroeder about their week in Washington, DC with Witness Against Torture, coming up Jan. 7 – 14, You can follow the Witness Against Torture community’s activism next week at their Facebook page, website, or at Josie’s Facebook page. #CloseGitmo #StopTorture #ResistIslamophobia
Here’s a poster showing a sampling of what they’ll be up to next week.