Our monthly meeting is coming up Wednesday, Sept. 20 at First UCC Church, 1500 Tiffin Rd., Fremont. We’ll start with a potluck at 6:30 pm and end by 8:30 pm.
On our agenda:
- We’ll debrief our fair booth experience at the Sandusky County Fair last month. Booth chair Elaine Bast will lead the discussion.
- We’ll talk briefly about the upcoming single payer healthcare forum many of our members are helping with. Healthcare for All: The Path to Single Payer will take place on Oct. 3, 6:30 pm, at Birchard Public Library. The forum is particularly timely in light of the Medicare-for-All bill that Bernie Sanders just introduced! Single Payer Forum Flyer
- If you’ve read our free book offering, On Tyranny by Timothy Snyder, we’ll invite you to highlight one of the “Twenty Lessons from the Twentieth Century” that was meaningful to you, if you care to share. If you haven’t read it and would still like to, several copies are still available via Josie Setzler. Read a review of the book at this link.
- What are your priorities for fall and winter activism/advocacy?
- We will consider whether to explore at a later meeting some lessons from the attached manual, entitled “Messaging this Moment: A Handbook for Progressive Communicators.” Download the manual here: Messaging-This-Moment-Handbook The manual can be useful for talking with family and friends as well as for framing messaging for letters to the editor, columns, or campaigns.
Note to newcomers: All are welcome. Our group thrives on informal table sharing during our potluck. If you choose not to join in the meal, you are welcome to have a cup of coffee or soda with us and join in the informal discussion that happens over our dinner. We transition into business and/or program as the dinner concludes.
More news from PPJ:
Thanks to our members who staffed our booth at last Saturday’s Farmer’s Market in downtown Fremont: Deb and Dave Johnson, Elaine Bast, and Judy Donnan! They talked with many market-goers about the upcoming Single Payer Healthcare Forum at Birchard Public Library on Oct. 3, 6:30 pm.
Welcome Your Neighbor Signs
We have around five signs left. Let us know if you’d like one for your front walk or driveway. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are asking a $15 donation (our cost).